Tuesday, June 03, 2008

No Way Did I Just Eat That...Did I?

One of my favorite guilt-free snacks are pickles. Any kind of pickles...sweet, bread & butter, dill, kosher, sliced, whole, mini...whatever. I love me some pickles. Even pickled okra. Just yum.

Last week, I dug into the fridge to find a jar of cold, crispy pickle slices...the perfect treat to go with my cheese. Found this jar:

And I dug in. Must have had about five or six slices. Yumm-o deluxe!

Fast forward two days, and I'm moving things around in the fridge and I see this peeking up at me:
Want a closer look? Here...
And if you still can't tell what I'm posting pictures of pickles on this blog, here's a shot with the jar open & peering down inside:
Now, I was eating pickles from this jar just two days ago. That fuzzy pickle looks like it's been growing a while. Could I have possibly consumed a fuzzy dill slice? Just gross.

I need to get one of these gadgets that my friend Holly uses.

May no more hairy pickled cukes cross my lips....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just gross! Hey, ignorance is bliss right?! Hee hee!

Texasholly said...

Soooo gross. You totally need a days ago timer. ASAP. I will set one for you until you can get one!

Elizabeth said...

Actually, that much mold CAN grow pretty quickly...Ask Dawn at Because I said So!
Thanks for coming by...I'll be adding this blog to my regular rotation!
Blessings, EJT

Chandra said...

Oh wow! I didn't even think pickles could grow mold! Grossness!