Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wet, wet, wet



I don't think it will ever stop raining around here! This is the first year I can recall, well, in forever that it has rained every single day & the temperature hasn't gone above 90ish this summer yet! Our water bill has been quite nice, as well as our electric bill. It has been really humid, so the weather hasn't been a total walk in the park, but it's certainly not like the 100+ degree weather we're accustomed to this time of year.

Today, Reese & I attempted to do the Children's Parade in Flower Mound, but after walking a mile in the down pour, then standing in a LONG line to go down the bounce-house slide (all while it continues to downpour), Reese decided he wanted to leave. So I carried him back a mile, in the pouring rain, to the car. Luckily, I had a change of clothes in the car for Reese (I always keep an emergency set of clothes!), so he changed in the car & rode home dry. Me, on the other hand, rode home freezing wet & drippy. I think I would have been more dry had I stood in the shower with my clothes on! Anyway--the rain didn't make for many pictures, but I did snap a few.

When we got home, Reese just wasn't tired (what?) and although he laid down for about an hour, he didn't go to sleep. So now it's 7:47, and he's zonked out on the couch next to me. Poor guy still needs those naps :) Looks like we won't be making our neighborhood 4th of July shindig!

No comments: