Saturday, June 17, 2006




In one of our tall cypress trees that line the driveway, a Mama Bird has made her nest, and we've been checking it daily to see if her 6 eggs have hatched yet. The eggs are so tiny...no bigger than a jellybean. Today Jeff went out & looked & some of our eggs have hatched!


I was able to snap a few pictures of the baby birds before Mama Bird started getting irritated. These little guys are just too cute. Check out the mohawk of whispy feather-hair on their heads! I counted 3 baby birds so far, but there could have been a few others that didn't pop up for a food handout.


In our old house on Reserve Ct., I had a Mama Bird that would return each year to lay her eggs in one of my plants in a pot on the patio. I think we had four years of eggs & baby birds. I was sad to leave the bird when we moved, but now perhaps we'll have a new Mama Bird to anticipate each year now.

No comments: