Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flies are nasty...spiders are purty

We went on a bug hunt a few days ago & I managed to sneak up on this fly...


Go back and look at that nasty sucker. Look at those hairs on his head & back. GROSS.

I like taking pictures of spiders much better. They are so unique looking, & I love finding their 8 eyes in the pictures...

This little guy was about the size of a grain of rice. He let me get really close, but he kept turning so he could see me & I'm always afraid one of these days a spider is going to jump on me!


See! He turned to face me again. I love how furry he is...
And then I found this green, almost transparent, garden spider... Her eyes are such pretty ovals...

This green beauty was really tiny...smaller than a grain of rice for sure. She didn't hang around long though.

And why is it, that I called the brown fuzzy spider a He, and the green sleek sipder a She? Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable pictures Heather. You should publish a homeschool learning/nature/photography something book. I'd buy it. :) I'm serious. Don't say you can't. You can. You have the guts. And the money. And the talent. DO IT!!!!!!!!!