Monday, August 25, 2008

Another First...PLEASE Slow Down!

Dear Time,

Please slow down. In the blink of an eye, this little girl:


Turned into this beautiful young woman:



And started high school today.

In a matter of months, she'll start driving. I swear, I blink & you've fast forwarded ten years, Time. Please, for me, slow down! I'm afraid I will blink again and we'll be packing her bags and moving her to college.

It feels like only a short time ago, she slept on our floor at night because she was afraid of the lights that shone in the windows. Was it really ten years ago that we first met? It seems like yesterday I was smearing shaving cream on the bathtub walls so you could spell your name, and cleaning the Mickey Bar out of your overalls at Disney. The days of special loops tied in your laces "just right" seem not that long ago. But they were...ten whole years. Where did they go?

Time, I know you must march on. But please dawdle a bit, because I'm not ready to let go of another one into the world just yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, so precious. Time certainly does fly!!

Debbie said...

I am trying so hard not to think about time going by, especially this year. Two of mine will be in college this time next year. I can't stand it!

Eternal Sunshine said...

The first week of school sure is a tough time for blogging!

Everywhere I go, I'm getting teary-eyed!!

I gave you an award.

Please stop by my blog to check it out!!