Thursday, January 11, 2007

Spring in January??? Oh no!


Reese & I planted daffodil bulbs in the fall, and they are supposed to bloom "early spring." Now, I don't know what exactly early spring means for our region since we've never planted bulbs before. But today when we were outside playing, look at what was popping up! Perhaps it was the November snow we had combined with temperatures in the 50s & 60s the past few weeks. I'm not sure, but I don't think bulbs are supposed to come up this early. We're supposed to have a hard freeze the beginning of next week, and I sure hope our plants don't die. All that hard work down the drain! I need to look up more information on the internet to see if they're really supposed to come up this early. Hmmmmm. We do have some other bulbs (tulips) in planters that are not coming up...who the heck knows.

No comments: